Can non-citizen Marines deploy?
Create Post

Can non-citizen Marines deploy?

Dear all,

I am currently attending my MOS school as 3043 Supply and Adminstration Clerk. I have my Green Card but am not a citizen yet. Do you Marines know if I still can get deployed? My other immigrant Marine friend from South Africa said we can't because we are denied security clearance. Just wondering if you Marines know anything about this.

Thanks and Semper Fi!

NOT TRUE!

You can be deployed without citizenship. If you are trying to get a certain job that requires a clearance you may not get that due to citizenship issues. But a lot of hispanic Marines in the grunts get deployed without citizenship. Again they do not need a clearance so they are ok?

You better believe it you can deploy!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Your friend's right about the security clearance, but there are plenty of jobs that don't require a clearance overseas. So, yes, you can and quite possibly will be deployed.

You betcha! I'm not a citizen yet.. And ive been deployed to OIF and OEF.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    And there you have it.

Unless it's an individual augment billet that requires a security clearance.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    GoodLuck Marine...Gotta have Respect for Any Man Or Woman,Who steps up too Tha Plate,2 Pay their Dues for The Freedom We all share in this Great Nation called The United States Of America

Quote Originally Posted by Wood5831 View Post
    You better believe it you can deploy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinefelon View Post
    NOT TRUE!

You can be deployed without citizenship. If you are trying to get a certain job that requires a clearance you may not get that due to citizenship issues. But a lot of hispanic Marines in the grunts get deployed without citizenship. Again they do not need a clearance so they are ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegler300 View Post
    Unless it's an individual augment billet that requires a security clearance.

Thanks Master Guns.

If your job requires you to use SIPR, one of two things will happen. You either won't go, or you will be assigned some **** job. As a supply Marine, at the LCpl and below ranks you'll be ok. As an NCO you will need to have a clearance.

I knew a 3043 SSgt who was not a US Citizen, therefore could not get a Secret clearance. He's in the chow hall or some **** in Fiddlers Green right now, but he is still deployed.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Lokowtherkamiiu, does your mother know your up past nine o'clock?

Thread Information